Top Ten Reasons……How to Evaluate Costs for Other Brand Leak Detectors
- Slower three-step pressure decay sensors are being used when faster direct measurement mass flow sensors would be faster and comparably priced
- Generic fixtures do not allow for sufficient reliability compromising gage R&R
- Test stations are not custom designed with quick change removal and replacement features thereby slowing changeover times
- Software with more features than you need or want get in the way of operation
- Leak detectors are added as an afterthought to assembly system design instead of being central in test-centric assemblies
- Error proofing process design is not considered sufficiently in globally distributed manufacturing facilities that rely on lightly skilled workers in some areas.
- Expensive tracer gas testing is used when mass flow sensors are actually adequate to the application.
- Sensors requiring calculations are used instead of faster direct measurement in real-time sensors.
- Older user interfaces without touch screen controls are used, slowing down operators.
- Generic test circuits are used instead of test circuits optimized to meet application requirements.