Over the economic life of a leak tester, the upfront costs of the test instrument are a mere fraction of the overall testing costs
For a broad range of automotive, medical and other products, leak testing requirements before products are released to the marketplace have not changed. What has changed in recent years is several new technologies—some related to data handling and the Industrial Internet of Things and others relating to test techniques—that now change the calculus of determining best-match solutions for leak testing. In this article we will do a quick review of pressure decay and mass flow leak testing methods, and then explore the new technologies impacting decisions on how to best configure leak test systems.
Key Insights include:
- Pressure Decay Testing vs. Mass Flow Testing
- Updates to Mass Flow Test Methods
- Customized Sensor Technology
- Patented Innovations for Large Part Testing
- Methods for Early Pass/Fail
- Robotics and Calibrations
- Harnessing IoT Benefits
Contact IDC for full article and leak test insights.