ISO 16949 quality assurance requirements, for a wide range of automotive parts such as solenoid valves, involve rigorous functional tests for engineering development, audit testing and production line testing. These automotive parts do not require just one test to assure proper function, but several. For example, many oil control valves usually include more than a dozen tests such as coil resistance, flow vs current, hysteresis, and leakage.
In some cases, hydraulic testing, usually with oil, is the best-match method to handle the wide range of functional test specifications that must be measured to acceptable Gauge R&R. In others, simpler air test methods are preferable.
Knowing which test mode to choose – air or hydraulic – requires a deep understanding of test methods, production line realities, and other application requirements.
The InterTech Solution – Some Test Process Features
• Temperature controls for consistent viscosity.
• Audit testing to 150 DegC practical
• Circuit designs eliminate aeration problems.
• In-line filtration prevents test circuit contamination.
• Parts remain clean and dry
• Fast and accurate testing
• Lower capital investment and tooling cost
• All results in a more competitive ROI
• InterTech M1075 Functional Test Instrument provides real-time test graph results of functional tests and test results with accept or reject status.
• Modular design simplifies removal, replacement or addition of standard stations for maximum flexibility
• Testing software enables remote monitoring of all assembly and test operations in real time over a factory intranet or the Internet, with advanced process control systems.
• Modular design simplifies removal, replacement or addition of standard stations for maximum flexibility.