United States Patent
- IDC has been awarded a new Technology Patent based on new technology insights by key company experts in understanding thermal effects during leak detection.
- IDC has utilised the technology in a number of applications and is utilising it in the evaluation of sample parts for new / current clients.
- There are many key varied areas this technology can be utilised in a range of applications e.g. Intake Manifolds, Rocker Covers and Oil Pans to state a few….more to follow……
- The recent ASSEMBLY Show Oct 2018 provided an Assembly and Testing driven content as suppliers’ buyers and users explored new Assembly / Test techniques, products and services and in doing so helping suppliers, buyers and users of assembly equipment in manufacturing plants connect, learn share and explore all things Assembly and Testing including leading edge technology regarding Leak Detection methodologies.
- The IDC Crew manning the booth received many interesting visits with Prospects as well as existing Customers turning up with Sample Parts / Applications and engaging in informative dialogue on their Leak Testing requirements and possible solutions utilizing IDC test technology and know-how.
- Efforts to streamline processes and optimize supply chains must be supported by the ability to examine every process component and supply chain link in granular detail. Big Data analytics give manufacturers this capability. With the right analytics, manufacturers can zero in on every segment of the production process and examine supply chains in minute detail, accounting for individual activities and tasks. This ability to narrow the focus allows manufacturers to identify bottlenecks and reveal underperforming processes and components. Big Data analytics also reveal dependencies, enabling manufacturers to enhance production processes and create alternative plans to address potential pitfalls.
- Big data brings with it many benefits. Real-time access to critical traceable configuration data provides an exceptional level of detail to quickly review for suspect parts that can help preclude equipment/system malfunctions and help eliminate the need for equipment redesign. The ability to identify and trace faulty parts to their origin proves invaluable.
- IDC offers seamless integration within the manufacturing environment in Leak Detection with its range of products, supplier management capability, and data transparency and reliability. IDC offers industry-leading quality management solutions and Key Patented Technology that enables Big Data analysis and a path to better quality management.
- IDC has recently passed the stringent ISO certification process and had its ISO certification renewed. The certification process included implementing the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and then completing a successful registrar’s audit confirming the organization meets these requirements.
- ISO creates documents that provide requirements, specifications, guidelines or characteristics that can be used consistently to ensure that materials, products, processes and services are fit for their purpose.
- ISO is an independent, non-governmental international organization with a membership of 161 national standards bodies.
- Through its members, it brings together experts to share knowledge and develop voluntary, consensus-based, market relevant International Standards that support innovation and provide solutions to global challenges.
Can We Speed Up Large Part Leak Testing?
- Leak testing large volume automotive components –transfer cases, oil pan assemblies, reservoirs , intake manifolds, and transmissions, and the like– poses a different set of challenges than those of testing smaller parts.
- Some automotive manufacturers have straddled their operations with antiquated pressure decay leak test methods for such large parts. Pressure decay, or differential pressure decay testing, is rarely a best match leak test method for large parts because the larger the part volume, the smaller the change in pressure for a given leak rate. With pressure testing, as you increase test volumes the result is inherently long test times AND increased measurement errors.
- Using mass flow leak testing methods for large parts is always faster with acceptable gage R&R easier to achieve. However, a vigilant eye on how production rates are impacting the bottom line is compelling many manufacturers of larger automotive parts to ask
- The 14th Shanghai International Automotive Manufacturing Technology & Material Show (AMTS 2018) took place at the Shanghai New International Expo Center on July4 -7, 2018. The Engineers and decision-makers of well-known car manufacturers and Tier 1, 2 suppliers from China and other countries across the world gathered together at AMTS 2018, and attracted 80,000 professional visitors, with about 800 exhibitors.
- IDC had a great show with a wide range of visitors and enquiries
- As a leading exhibition for Automotive Materials, Design, Technology and Equipment, Quality and Assembling, and Engineering and Service Technologies, AMTS 2018, the 14th Shanghai International Automotive Manufacturing Technology & Material Show identified “DesignTech Zone”, “AL Engineering”, “Carbon Fiber Engineering Zone”, “TechShow Zone” as new segments with a deep understanding of market needs.