Combustion Engine (ICE) Leak Detector
Low Cost Diecasting Test Cell
Fixture ready station tests a family of machined magnesium cases & covers. Parts are robot loaded & unloaded, tested & marked, at a rate of 106 parts per hour.
- Parts (4 models) are tested to a 9.1 sccm limit at a pressure of 52 kPa (7.5 psig) within 18 seconds test time.
- The InterTech M1075 Mass Flow Leak Detector controls the test cycle and minimizes cycle time while meeting 10% GR&R.
- Test cell is interfaced with a robot for automatic and untended operation.
- Machine operation is controlled by Allen Bradley CompactLogix PLC.
- Speed: Mass flow leak detection technology permits the fast and accurate testing of large volume parts.
- User Friendly: M1075y displays the test cycle in real time.
- Automated R&R mode facilitates scheduled machine qualification and audit traceability.
- Connectivity: EtherNet/IP compatible.
Cam Phaser Air Functional Test Stand
Cam phasers are functional tested at a rate of 144 parts/hour.
- Interchangeable tooling accommodate (2) cam phaser variations
- Error-proofing features include part identification verification, and proper tooling installation verification
- Phasers are diverted to either an accept or reject conveyor
- InterTech M1075y functional test instrument controls test operations
- NI Labview software is interfaced with NI data acquisition hardware
- Measurement of lash angle
- Pin lock and pin unlock tests
- Total travel test
- Leakage tests (external leak average & peak, internal leak peak)
- Torque to turn & driving torque – sweep average & peak tests
Fuel Injector Test Stand
Fuel injector tubes are leak tested at a rate of 360 parts per hour.
- The InterTech's Combustion Engine (M1075 Mass Flow) Leak Detector controls the test cycle and machine operation.
- Components are tested to a 0.6 sccm limit at 490 kPa.
- Failsafe operation: InterTech’s patented Bias Leak technology confirms the integrity of the test-chamber seals at the start of each test cycle without sacrificing cycle time.
- Measurement Capability: Downstream technique avoids pressure-stabilizing delays to increase speed while meeting ISO 16949 R&R requirements.
- Reduced Operating Expenses: Testing with air instead of helium at low leak rates keeps maintenance and operating costs down.
- Cost effective: Using the M1045 Leak Detector to control all machine functions simplifies wiring and eliminates expensive purchased components including a PLC.
Consult Our Experts
Please contact InterTech for further information or help with your test application. We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Give us a call at 847-679-3377 or fill out the form and we'll be in touch as soon as possible.
*denotes a required field.